We recognize the General Baptist Statements of Faith:
1. We believe that there is only one true, living and eternal God and that the Godhead is revealed as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Holy Scriptures are the Old and New Testaments: the inspired and infallible Word of God and therein is found the only reliable guide of Christian faith and conduct.
3. We believe that God created man in His own image to bring Him honor through obedience, and that when man disobeyed, he became a fallen and sinful creature, unable to save himself. We believe that infants are in the covenant of God's grace and that all persons become accountable to God when they reach a state of moral responsiblilty.
4. We believe that salvation (regeneration, sanctification, justification, and redemption) has been provided for all mankind through the redemptive work (life, death, resurrection, ascension and intercession) of Jesus Christ, and that this salvation can be received only through repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
5. We believe that those who abide in Christ have the assurance of salvation. However, we believe that the Christian retains his freedom of choice: therefore, it is possible for him to turn away from God and be finally lost.
6. We believe that Christians should live faithfully by serving in and through the local church, praying diligently, witnessing earnestly, practicing tolerance, showing loving kindness, giving as God prospers and conducting themselves in such a way as to bring glory to God.
7. We believe that the Church Universal is the Body of Christ, the fellowship of all believers, and that its members have been called out from the world to come under the dominion and authority of Christ, its Head. We believe that local church is a fellowhip of Christians, a part of the Body of Christ, voluntarily banded together for worship, nurture and service.
8. We believe that baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances instituted by Christ to be observed by Christians only. We also believe that the biblical mode of baptism is immersion and that participation in the Lord's Supper should be open to all Christians.
9. We believe in the sanctity of the Lord's Day, the first day of the week, and that this day ought to be observed by worshiping God, witnessing for Christ, and ministering to the needs of humanity. We believe that secular work on Sunday should be limited to cases of necessity or mercy.
10. We believe in the personal return of Jesus Christ and in the bodily resurrection of the dead. We believe that God will judge all mankind by Jesus Christ; that He will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell.
For a fuller presentation of these statements of faith--the inclusion of pertinent scripture references--contact the church at 870-595-3825 or download the PDF version.